You are not connected. Please login or register

Community Park Anyone???

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Community Park Anyone??? on Sun May 30, 2010 5:26 am

ImagineerEthan

I am beloved of the Guac!

[Logo May Change]

Would anyone want to start a Community Project on these forums, hopefully things will start to come together further on and we'll be able to progress much quicker, anyways onto some things to start it off.

Participants:

ImagineerEthan

Anyone who would like to join just put your name down and i'll add you to the list, now the actual building of the park will start next week (no date yet) which gives us enough time to sort out people participanting, roles and that sort.

Also i was thinking of maybe every couple of weeks a download put up so everyone can see what progress has been made etc.

Imagineer Ethan

View user profile

2 Re: Community Park Anyone??? on Sun May 30, 2010 5:30 am

theultimatefish

Only problem I see is the amount of CS getting used, But if there is a clear list of all sets everyone is limited to, I think everything will be fine.

View user profile

3 Re: Community Park Anyone??? on Sun May 30, 2010 5:39 am

This could probably work really well as long as we don't organise it in too much detail. Just a casual "I should be done with my bit by the end of the week" for example, instead of making up strict deadlines, would be an excellent system so that there's not too much pressure to come up with something by a certain date to avoid pissing everyone off.

Also, there's usually a list of the order in which people are having the park. Perhaps it would be better to just post something like "I wouldn't mind adding to my [insert ride here], would you mind if I had the park next?"?

Basically, what I'm saying is that we could treat this as a bit of fun rather than taking it too seriously. That's why a lot of these don't work, I feel.

That said, I'm a little busy with other things right now but after the first week of June, I'll have some time to spare. I'd definitely contribute!

View user profile

4 Re: Community Park Anyone??? on Sun May 30, 2010 6:17 am

ImagineerEthan

well people being serious does help these types of park not get very far, but what if we did competitions for it as well as those suggestions, i mean like to start of maybe a competition for the landscape or we have one big square flat park and we just add to it by making a list of people like you said.

We could have a list of custom scenery to be used by that in some ways could help restrict the freedom of building what you want and your imagination, of course we could just have a list of basic custom scenery you will need and then when someone has completed a bit in the park for their turn they could put a list along with that of extra cs people would need for the park.

View user profile

5 Re: Community Park Anyone??? on Sun May 30, 2010 6:23 am

spacemtnman

i like the idea Smile as long as the list of CS isnt huge and links are supplied for those who dont own the sets Noob One idea i always had would be to split a park into 15x15 sections and each user in turn follows on from the last section of the 15x15 square. The layout of themes would have to be agreed but its always been an idea of mine Smile

View user profile

6 Re: Community Park Anyone??? on Sun May 30, 2010 6:38 am

ImagineerEthan

the only problem with that is that the map would ahve to equal so the last person (if there is one) doesn't have anymore than 15x15 or less than 15x15. But then the problem with it as well is that what if someone wants to build a B&M Hyper Coaster Wink that would take up more than 15x15 squares.

View user profile

7 Re: Community Park Anyone??? on Sun May 30, 2010 6:47 am

spacemtnman

well say the park is 150x150 you would split that into 15x15 squares and you can build whatever fits in them. Maybe do it differently and reserve larger spaces for people to make rides. So basically layout the park in areas for themeing , pathways and rides by marking it out in a sandbox and then people take to filling one section at a time.If i had a diagram it would be easier to describe :P

View user profile

8 Re: Community Park Anyone??? on Sun May 30, 2010 7:03 am

theultimatefish

Maybe, you just should let go of the strict division in who does what, but let everyone build what they want without too many restrictions. Like what Jonathan said.

View user profile

9 Re: Community Park Anyone??? on Sun May 30, 2010 7:15 am

spacemtnman

was that directed to me?
If it was i dont think i explained my concept very well :P My concept is the park is split into small sections. Each person takes it in turn to fill a section so pathways must follow on as well as themeing . Themeing can cut off when it reaches the edge of the section and the next person carries it on. The square can contain anything you want as long as the themeing is continuous. And when a theme change is needed it will be announced by the competition runner Smile I would hate to do this on iratA because people would take it too seriously i just think this could be a fun idea Smile

View user profile

10 Re: Community Park Anyone??? on Sun May 30, 2010 1:24 pm

ImagineerEthan

theultimatefish wrote:Maybe, you just should let go of the strict division in who does what, but let everyone build what they want without too many restrictions. Like what Jonathan said.

I know what you mean by that and it will be like that but like what you said, there will have to be "some" restrictions.

View user profile

11 Re: Community Park Anyone??? on Mon May 31, 2010 8:22 am

Get.Creative

what about, say ethan has the park, and then the community makes things to go into it. some people make rides, others make shops, things like that.

View user profile

12 Re: Community Park Anyone??? on Mon May 31, 2010 11:09 am

ImagineerEthan

even though n7 did a good job of that, it doesn't really make it seem like a community park in my eyes because even though they've helped out on what to put in the park, they haven't exactly been part of it like if everyone shared the park - get what i'm saying??

View user profile

13 Re: Community Park Anyone??? on Mon May 31, 2010 11:35 am

Get.Creative

well, if there is a weekly update, which shows anything new in the park, then people can see where their creation is in the park and how it fits in. I think it would work.

View user profile

14 Re: Community Park Anyone??? on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:20 am

ImagineerEthan

well we could, would anyone else be happy to do it?? or do you prefer the other one?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum