You are not connected. Please login or register

Doctor Who

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Doctor Who on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:09 pm

The Heth

I am beloved of the Guac!
Doctor Who - [Un-named Story]

In his time machine, the T.A.R.D.I.S., the mysterious Doctor travels wherever and whenever in the universe he pleases. Danger surrounds his every move...

...step aboard the T.A.R.D.I.S., and hold on tight. Something dangerous is watching Earth...an army in tow.

Erm...the main console of the T.A.R.D.I.S was trimmed off the right side of this picture...which was the main reason for the picture in the first place, sorry Tongue Out

Inside the T.A.R.D.I.S. (the green board is the green screen/video call screen for the preshow).

This ride will be a robo-coaster, based on the hit British TV series.

Teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l949fjaV4OU

View user profile

2 Re: Doctor Who on Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:31 am

I'm surprised nobody has tried something like this before! There's not much to see yet but I'm looking forward to finding out more. Smile

View user profile

3 Re: Doctor Who on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:33 am

spacemtnman

i did try something like this. once in my noobish times when i first joined the iratA lot. Didnt turn out well Frown

View user profile

4 Re: Doctor Who on Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:58 am

The Heth

Cheers for the comments so far.

I did try a Doctor Who ride AGES ago, but it went poorly. Now that I'm using Custom Scenery it should hopefully be far better.

I've already got the story fleshed out. Unlike previous projects, this will be a collaboration of sorts. A close friend, known as LillyAnkh on the internet, is a massive Doctor Who fan, and she'll be helping out with the storyline, brainstorming ideas so that there's an RCT based view and a Doctor Who view. She'll be assisting with accuracy to the show's mythology and trying to get the tone of the ride right. Also, my brother, who does amateur drama, may be doing voiceovers in the style of Matt Smith or David Tennant, dependant upon which impression he's better at.

Revamped T.A.R.D.I.S

I didn't like the old, darker version, so re-did it

View user profile

5 Re: Doctor Who on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:05 pm

spacemtnman

looks great so far and if you get the other ppl to help the production value would be great! Only thing is when youre using Greenscreen the Backdrop should be set as SIUnlit in the importer otherwise the greenscreen wont key out when it comes to post production.Other than that it looks great!

View user profile

6 Re: Doctor Who on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:07 pm

The Heth

Don't worry, I'll be changing the green-screen lighting for the video, just need to tweak the rest of the lighting first.

View user profile

7 Re: Doctor Who on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:56 am

The Heth

I can't help but notice I'm being a massive disappointment and not posting enough...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_K5G0Ofqy0
Update video

The Alien creature: (well, one of them Wink )

View user profile

8 Re: Doctor Who on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:23 am

Heth, you always create such a great atmosphere with these rides. The newest video and photo prove that.

Interesting idea with the alien creature, I look forward to seeing how effective that will be from the riders' point of view. Smile

View user profile

9 Re: Doctor Who on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:08 pm

The Heth

Thanks very much Jonathan Smile

I'm a massive fan of the series, so don't be surprised to see a lot of subtle and lots of unsublte nods to and inside jokes about the TV series Tongue Out

Update: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHl90Q-Pmr0

There's also a sneaky peak at the park this will feature in Wink

View user profile

10 Re: Doctor Who on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm

deathfearsnone

Just saw the Teaser its good You put alot of work into this.

View user profile

11 Re: Doctor Who on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:11 pm

wagi

I'm afraid, like many Americans, I have only a passing familiarity with the series, but everything looks great (although I haven't the foggiest idea if it's right or not!).

View user profile

12 Re: Doctor Who on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:32 pm

The Heth

wagi wrote:I'm afraid, like many Americans, I have only a passing familiarity with the series, but everything looks great (although I haven't the foggiest idea if it's right or not!).

Basically, prior to the video release, I will release a short video to explain what you actually need to know. In short, the Doctor is an alien time traveller. As a result, a Doctor Who ride could basically put him into any situation (future, past, earth or not). This ride won't be based on any existing monsters or aliens other than the Doctor himself. The story will be an original one, as is the setting. The Doctor Who element will be the presence and frequent voiceovers of the Doctor himself, and his eccentric being. Hopefully it can be enjoyed by any viewer Big Grin

Thanks for the comments so far guys Smile

View user profile

13 Re: Doctor Who on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:38 pm

deathfearsnone

sorry to advertise but this site you can watch all of the series free http://www.icefilms.info/tv/series/1/353

And I am excited to see more.

View user profile

14 Re: Doctor Who on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:59 am

The Heth

The Thorns are getting stronger by the minute...

As some of you might have seen elsewhere, this is now part of a park project called Discovery Island. It's themed to Victorian era Sci-fi, and since The Doctor can time travel, the story of this will in fact start in that time period, darting off to the far future shortly afterwards.

View user profile

15 Re: Doctor Who on Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:08 am

The Heth

All is going well in Who and DI land

Dr. Who the ride, Update 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ua_Jvg0vr8

View user profile

16 Re: Doctor Who on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:10 pm

I really love the over-grown look of this. Usually with stuff like this, the scenery can look a little bare, this is a clever way of filling the gaps, as it were.

Am I correct in assuming that this is all pretty much the same area? With this sort of ride, there is always a danger of it becoming a bit repetitive, which is a problem that I'm sure you've avoided. It should be good to see the rest! Thumbs Up

View user profile

17 Re: Doctor Who on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:01 pm

The Heth

Yeah, all of this goes by quite quickly, all of these are within the first 40 seconds of the ride.

The story goes that this space station, orbitting earth, has become over-run with 'mutant' plants. They're growing exponentially, growing sentient...and have foudn their way to the teleporters

...their next target being Earth.

View user profile

18 Re: Doctor Who on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:24 am

RedCleft!

I love doctor who, only one problem, the cliffhangars are unbearable!

View user profile http://redoctoberrct3.webs.com

19 Re: Doctor Who on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:26 am

The Heth

Cliffhangers a little difficult to achieve in rides though, so you'll be pleased to know the story will be self contained hahaha

View user profile

20 Re: Doctor Who on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:36 pm

RedCleft!

Oh thats a relief...unless you actually go off a cliff Roll Eyes

21 Re: Doctor Who on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:34 pm

Jeremy

You could always kick the guests off half way and make them queue up for part 2. Ha ha

It looks rather nice, I presume there will be a large amount of running involved? :P

View user profile

22 Re: Doctor Who on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:27 pm

The Heth

Here's the first trailer for Doctor Who: The Ride, featuring the first video clips of the on-ride dark ride:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmxVnyXjOpk

Enjoy Smile

I can't help but feel I seem to be taking over the RCT3 section here a bit Tongue Out

View user profile

23 Re: Doctor Who on Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:04 am

RedCleft!

But you rightly deserve to do so! Thumbs UpThumbs Up

24 Re: Doctor Who on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:17 am

The Heth

A big monster

View user profile

25 Re: Doctor Who on Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:32 pm

The Heth

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Ok, this is going to be very interesting to explain, but I'll give it a go.

The bad news:

This project has been ongoing for months now, and was looking to be one of my best project yet. However, something just doesn't feel right anymore. This was designed to be part of Discovery Island, a retro-futuristic park. This ride, whilst good standalone, just didn't feel right. Nor, in fact, did it feel like a true representation of Doctor Who: The Ride. Sure, it's a good ride. Sure, it would feel like a lost Dr Who episode. But, in my eyes, this never felt like a true representation of Doctor Who: THE Ride. In my mind, the one and only Doctor Who ride would feature a lot of time travelling, lots of peril, scary moments and aliens. This had one single instance of time travel and mutant plants...hardly sufficient.

You must all understand how difficult it is to put such an intense project to one side, but I hope you can at least see why I did it.

...and the good news: Wink

Doctor Who: Battle Across Time - Doctor Who: Night of Triffids

That's right. Two rides. I've put a lot of effort into this first ride. I am not one to waste effort. I may take a break before starting anything substantial, but I am currently working on ideas for a much more time-travelling Doctor Who adventure, which would actually feature as part of the Discovery Island series. This would feature classic aliens, historic locations, Earth under attack and plenty of action. Battle Across Time should hopefully reflect a more 'Whovian' feeling, one which people can relate to much more. Despite its Doctor Who references, Night of Triffids could have been a ride on its own. I will say this now; I will release this first version eventually. It may lose all its Doctor Who references and become a standard horror ride...but it will be released, I promise you. My current idea is to feature the first ride as a 'bonus' video on the end of any eventual Doctor Who: Battle Across Time ride video

Thanks for reading,

Heth

View user profile

26 Re: Doctor Who on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:40 pm

Jeremy

Sounds intriguing!

Triffids, eh? Will Eddie Izzard be making an appearance? Ha ha

In seriousness, anything you do make will no doubt be fantastically original and immersive as always.

View user profile

27 Re: Doctor Who on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:30 pm

wagi

Was just reading this at SGW...well, I think TWO Dr Who rides has to be better than ONE any day!

View user profile

28 Re: Doctor Who on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:28 pm

The Heth

Here is Carnivora, the re-tooled version of this ride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBvs3xJaG-w

Tagged onto the end is the old Doctor Who version which I didn't complete.

Suffice to say, I made the right choice to ditch the Doctor Who theme for this ride.

View user profile

29 Re: Doctor Who on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:51 pm

El Frog

Admin
Much prefer the new ride to the old!

30 Re: Doctor Who on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:41 pm

wagi

Same here! Much darker...

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]