You are not connected. Please login or register

South-Point Pier Amusement Park

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 South-Point Pier Amusement Park on Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:04 am

OKSIRYDOC

I am beloved of the Guac!
I am going to start from the Beginning and chose important things to include.

South-Point Pier was purchased in 1970 for $7M, despite complaints from local fishermen Construction continued through the 80s. The park at the time consisted of two Vekomas, and two arrow coasters. The parks hotel was constructed in the 90's. The second Vekoma since has been removed, and replaced with a Maurer Söhne X-Coaster. The year is now 2000, the parks management has been changed to more ambitious owners who are quoted with saying "We will take this park to new heights"

Burnt, cut track.

New Entance.

I skipped alot of pointless construction updates. Thats where I left off, more in depth updates to come soon.

View user profile http://www.CoasterForum.net

2 Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:09 am

ImagineerEthan

aahhh, glad this park's over here Smile, i haven't seen that new spinner so that was a surprise My shoes tremble with delight!, anyways this park is insanly cool, i just love the hotel on the waterfront for some reason

View user profile

3 Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:13 pm

I really like this. Everything looks so clean yet realistic. That merry-go-round especially, has been put together excellently.

The giant flume looks a little under-supported at the moment, I'd recommend some cross beams etc so that it looks sturdier. Wink

View user profile

4 Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:11 pm

wagi

I cry foul! This looks strangely like another park with even the exact same name posted elsewhere!

View user profile

5 Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:52 pm

OKSIRYDOC

Haha maybe you should look at the Screenname of who is posting on those other sites. Don't believe me I can show you a picture of anything you want. Also check your PM's

6 Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:14 pm

wagi

OKSIRYDOC wrote:Haha maybe you should look at the Screenname of who is posting on those other sites. Don't believe me I can show you a picture of anything you want. Also check your PM's

Well, I already knew the screen names were the same, why else would I say this looks strangely like another park with even the exact same name posted elsewhere?!

I'm now crying double foul since it's the same person posting the same park with the same name here as have been posted elsewhere...I find that highly suspicious!

Very strange indeed. Your pm's did nothing to prove that you weren't the person posting this!

J'accuse! Weird

I suggest that Sir Our LORD And MASTER, SIR Our LORD And MASTER, SIR Our LORD And MASTER, SIR FROG look into this post haste-like! Down Cast

What did you expect? More praise? It's all already been said! Tongue Out

View user profile

7 Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:56 pm

OKSIRYDOC

Okay what is your problem? This is my park, I posted this on CoasterForum, rctlounge, and iratA. Honestly you aren't making much sense with all of this. I don't know if you believe I made the park, or if you are mad for me posting it here also.

8 Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:20 pm

ImagineerTom

OKSIRYDOC wrote:Okay what is your problem? This is my park, I posted this on CoasterForum, rctlounge, and iratA. Honestly you aren't making much sense with all of this. I don't know if you believe I made the park, or if you are mad for me posting it here also.

He is joking! Ha ha Thumbs Up

View user profile http://imagineertom.webs.com

9 Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:22 pm

OKSIRYDOC

Is he? I am so confused???

10 Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:41 pm

Gravity

J'ACCUSE!

View user profile

11 Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:08 pm

OKSIRYDOC

*Unconfused now*, Wagi you got me good haha.

12 Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:43 am

wagi

Then my work here is done... Red Face

Tongue Out Thumbs Up

View user profile

13 Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:47 pm

The Heth

The detail and effort put into this park clearly shows! I also really like the fire pics. That might just be the destructive part of my mind getting excited though

View user profile

14 Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:13 pm

OKSIRYDOC

Well today was opening day, and the new area was pretty neat. Three major attractions were added to the new area in the off-season. On to the Pictures!

Here is the new Spinning coaster it is quite a thrill.

Something I didn't see before today, a new Go-Kart Track.

Picture of the track!

Picture of Canyon Run's boat.

They added a nice water tower to Canyon Run.

The station of Canyon Run!

The Boat after the first hill.

Some nice cooling mist, it really was a really great water ride.

Now a fan of the park sent these pictures of the park from above. Apparently he is in a flying class, and he flew over the park in a helicopter, and snapped some pictures. Really different view of the park.

Getting a little low to the water there! No signs of anything new at the moment.

15 Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park on Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:49 pm

wagi

Very, very nice! I'm not a big fan of too much bloom on screens, but your work clearly shows through that anyways.

View user profile

16 Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park on Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:40 pm

OKSIRYDOC

Well guys there is something at South-Point that is really making me excited. What am I talking about? Footers, and some track, and a crane. What do you get when you combine those three? No the answer is not Optimus Prime. The answer is new roller coaster! The only problem is at this point we know nothing about it. All I know is further back into the construction zone there is part of a lake so maybe this ride will be close to the water or even go over it. Lets move on to the pictures.

Upon arriving at the park I noticed this access road.

Here is a bunch of footers, looks like we know the support color.

More footers this looks like the station or brake run, but who knows.

Track is barely visible in the background all I can tell is it is painted black.

Here is a closer look at the track.

Thats all for the Construction zone pictures.

This is the booth where you pay to park. That is always fun.

Here is a shot, I don't know who took it, but it is nice.

Last is a panorama by me taken at the park.

More to come soon guys!

Well since no one commented on the first one, a new update came

Well guys I headed to the park, the last time I went to the park was about a week ago. When I returned today, I noticed a whole lot of work has been completed. There was track going up, down, twisting left, and right. It looks like it's going to be a nice compact coaster. I can't wait for this to be done now on to the pictures.

Work on the lift hill has begun!

More of the lift hill.

A worker told me the cars for the ride are in here, he said they are Maurer Sohn X-Cars, but I don't know how true that is.

Little airtime hill.

Here is a picture of that access road I showed you earlier.

Finally some other news.

The park held a contest to design the new logo, and here is the winner's logo.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum