You are not connected. Please login or register

Around the World in 80 Days - Discovery Island

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Around the World in 80 Days - Discovery Island on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:15 pm

The Heth

I am beloved of the Guac!
For those who don't know, I'm currently working on a park called 'Discovery Island'. Released as a series of ride videos, the project currently has 2 parts.

Part 1 - Welcome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvGGuCPjkIY
Part 2 - From the Earth to the Moon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGEU2_nQKwI&feature=related

The third part was originally going to be 'The Nautilus' or 'Doctor Who: The Ride', however 'The Nautilus' is currently not up to scratch, and Doctor Who: The Ride is repeatedly being delayed, and I'm only about 10% of the way through making it. Instead, I decided to flex my dark-ride muscles with...

Around the World in 80 Days

Around the World in 80 Days will be a slow dark ride across the globe; through ancient rainforests to the greatest cities, from oceans to ice-caps. Unlike most of my rides, this won't have any proper storyline. It's just an experience, a series of scenes. Think Spaceship Earth meets It's a Small World.

I will be using an omnimover RR CTR, and the first scenes, as shown here, are the South American rainforests.

View user profile

theultimatefish

So, if I read this correctly, this will be more in a showcase style rather than focusing on a fixed storyline throughout the ride?
It sounds rather interesting as you haven't been doing this before.

The pictures look very nice and the lighting is beautiful. Nothing to criticize about, keep up the good work!

View user profile

The Heth

theultimatefish wrote:So, if I read this correctly, this will be more in a showcase style rather than focusing on a fixed storyline throughout the ride?
It sounds rather interesting as you haven't been doing this before.

The pictures look very nice and the lighting is beautiful. Nothing to criticize about, keep up the good work!

Precisely. Basically all my rides are fixed stories played out as rides...I kind of just want to showcase some pretty objects this time.

View user profile

The Heth

From the jungles of South America, we move onto the wilderness of the American West.

View user profile

El Frog

Admin
It might be tricky, but have you considered adding some scenes from the Jules Verne novel?

The Heth

El Our LORD And MASTER, SIR FROG wrote:It might be tricky, but have you considered adding some scenes from the Jules Verne novel?

Whilst I have read a lot of Verne novels, I must confess right now I have never read Around the World in 80 Days, so I'd have to read it/read up about it, to know what scenes could be added.

View user profile

El Frog

Admin
The basics were also covered (sort of) in the seminal Around The World With Willy Fog!

You should also use the music on the ride video!

The Heth

Hello! I'm taking a break from Doctor Who: Battle Across Time for a bit, hopefully to finish this ride and 2045. Once I've done these two I'll return to Doctor Who.

Siberia:

Japanese Rice Plantation

Heading out of the Savana

View user profile

The Heth

Whoah, I had no idea how long this ride was becoming! The ride has gone through South America, North America, Asia and Africa and is already 5 minutes 30 seconds in length! The last portion to make is Europe, and I've just started Italy and Greece. I'm afraid to say, due to the sheer amount of countries in the world, some countries will be left out. I'm not trying to discriminate, but a lot of these are to do with architectural similarities to other countries, or simply because they would be a challenge to represent correctly.

The current planned line up of countries/locations:

The Amazon
Mexico
The United States (The Wild West)
Canada (The Rockies)
Russia (Siberia more specifically)
Japan (Rice plantation)
India
The Savannah
Egypt
Greece
Italy (Venice)
The Netherlands (Amsterdam)
Spain
France
Germany (Bavaria)
United Kingdom (London)
Discovery Island (obviously!)

View user profile

wagi

You cover a good portion of the globe!

View user profile

The Heth

University is in full swing, but when I take brief breaks I go on RCT3. This means I get in some good downtime and progress gradually with my projects Smile

Here is a shot of the Bavaria section of the ride. The ride has now been sped up a bit to reduce the ride time a little.

View user profile

The Heth

Here's the final POV video ...Enjoy Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBAsPU7wIrw

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum