You are not connected. Please login or register

Possible RCT4?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Possible RCT4? on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:53 pm

rainbowwarrior

I am beloved of the Guac!
Yes it is possible.
iratA is actually thinking about making RCT4.
Don't believe me?
Clicky
iratA is listening to its most dedicated gamers.
They are asking for suggestions so who knows we might have RCT4.

View user profile

2 Re: Possible RCT4? on Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:39 am

Jeremy

It R nevr happn crhis sawyer said cos thrillvill is rct4 but with nwe naem!!1!11111

Tongue Out

In seriousness, this is very un-iratA of them. Asking a community?! Whatever next?

I told them to fix the foolish game engine.

View user profile

3 Re: Possible RCT4? on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:16 am

Gravity

rainbowwarrior wrote:
iratA is listening to its most dedicated gamers.

View user profile

4 Re: Possible RCT4? on Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:41 pm

I did leave them some comments about things I'd like to see. The thought of a new RCT doesn't interest me too much though, it's an old, stale franchise and iratA simply don't publish good games. Take Ghostbusters for example, that was looking good before iratA had their fingers all over it!

Here are my predictions:

• We will hear nothing more about this game for at least a year.

• Our old content won't carry over.

• It will be full of Thrillville-style gimmicks such as controlling a guest.

• It will be made using a terrible engine.

• There will be more bugs then there are in Guacamole Central Command's arse.

• We will gain absolutely nothing.

View user profile

5 Re: Possible RCT4? on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:05 pm

And we won't get our Russian brides Frown

View user profile

6 Re: Possible RCT4? on Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:07 am

RedCleft!

Jonathan wrote:I did leave them some comments about things I'd like to see. The thought of a new RCT doesn't interest me too much though, it's an old, stale franchise and iratA simply don't publish good games. Take Ghostbusters for example, that was looking good before iratA had their fingers all over it!

Here are my predictions:

• We will hear nothing more about this game for at least a year.

• Our old content won't carry over.

• It will be full of Thrillville-style gimmicks such as controlling a guest.

• It will be made using a terrible engine.

• There will be more bugs then there are in Guacamole Central Command's arse.

• We will gain absolutely nothing.

Cut them some slack...alright maybe not. I totally understand what you are saying. It went 1999, 2002, 2004 and now...2012? El Frog If there is any chance of me buying it, it must be perfect, awsome and a variety of rumble chairs must be availible.

View user profile http://redoctoberrct3.webs.com

7 Re: Possible RCT4? on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:13 am

wagi

I suspect the only reason they are even considering making rct4 is because of the possible movie, so you can count on it being full of tie-ins with whatever silly plot they come up with. Everything Jonathan said is likely to be true.

There's an article I saw that says iratA wants to get into "Free2play" games where the base game is free and then people pay to add things to it...much like Farmville on Facebook. It probabaly would work with an RCT-type game. So if you want a certain ride type, it will cost you. If you want a certain theme's objects, it will cost you. Custom Scenery? Forget it. It might contain all sorts of annoying arcade games where you can win prizes to improve your park. Oh joy.

Don't think for a moment that their sudden interest in listening to people's want lists means that iratA is actually caring what people want, nor that we'll even get any of it. This is the exact same company that ruined their core fan base recently and tossed years worth of communty resources without a single care. They probably aren't even aware that the OLD forums had huge long lists of ideas, requests and suggestions already.

Out of all the copies of RCT ever sold world-wide, only a tiny percentage of people who play it ever went online to view an rct site. Of that number only a small percentage went to iratA's site. Of those who did only a small percentage ever bothered to return a second time. Of those only a small percentage bothered to register to join. Of them only a small percentage ever posted a single word. And of them only a small percentage ever bothered to offer a suggestion or request!

You could break it down even further when you take into account that it's a minority of people who don't just play scenarios (it is called Rollercoaster TYCOON...), but instead build large sandbox parks like most of us do, and not even all of us use things like CS,CTR, CFR, let alone options. txt tweaks! So a handful of fanboi's creaming their pants thinking up all these things they want doesn't mean very damn much. The idea that they are suddenly going to create a new game based on what our little, yet however vocal, community wants I find humorous. They'll make a game that's going to make them money. Period. iratA hasn't suddenly changed it's stripes.

Remember, Frontier had access to the same suggestions and requests, and they also did ton's of market research, and we still ended up with THRILLVILLE!

View user profile

8 Re: Possible RCT4? on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:44 am

The Heth

Well said Wagi. I have my hopes for what an ideal RCT4 would look like. If we get it, brilliant. If we don't, I'm still happy with RCT3. There's still loads for me to explore in this game, and I'm far from finished doing it.

View user profile

9 Re: Possible RCT4? on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:49 am

El Frog

Admin
I will become enraged unless they include the RCT 5D Viewing Goggles and the option to turn all graphics into photographic representations. I know Sixdaemonbag Studios were working on that, but they have gone very quiet...

10 Re: Possible RCT4? on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:28 am

RedCleft!

Yes Wagi, but dont forget thrillville was aimed for the video game market. All RTS / Simulation games have to be tweaked obviously. And personally, RCT3 on a console would suck (imagine using a controller!) so it is a little difficult to judge thrillville. Although the game had ALOT more potential. Its difficult to compare it.

View user profile http://redoctoberrct3.webs.com

11 Re: Possible RCT4? on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:12 am

RedCleft! wrote:RCT3 on a console would suck (imagine using a controller!)

I felt the same way until I played Modnation Racers on the PS3. The building aspect of that is incredibly efficient and would definitely work for RCT3, at least.

View user profile

12 Re: Possible RCT4? on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:45 am

El Frog

Admin
If - and I do mean IF - this ever goes ahead, I trust that incompetent morons like frontier are kept away from the project. They have a loooooong history or releasing bugged games, and of leaving them bugged too.

13 Re: Possible RCT4? on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:20 am

El Our LORD And MASTER, SIR FROG wrote:If - and I do mean IF - this ever goes ahead, I trust that incompetent morons like frontier are kept away from the project. They have a loooooong history or releasing bugged games, and of leaving them bugged too.

I think iratA just likes working with crap developers. RCT3, Ghostbusters and Alone in the Dark: Inferno were all from different developers but all published by iratA. It's just odd that those three are some of the worst games around for bugs and so on. Perhaps iratA are in charge of beta testing the games they publish!

View user profile

14 Re: Possible RCT4? on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:21 am

wagi

Note how they made the initial post, left a tantalizing little tidbit, and 50+ pages later haven't returned...

If I was a cynical person...ahem... I'd suspect they only did it to stir up interest while they try to get backers for the movie. "Look at our excited fan base - this movie is sure to be a blockbuster of Titanic proportions! Invest now before it's too late!".

The requests and suggestions made there...people need to remember that RCT will be made to fill the needs of the lowest common denominator, 80% of their suggestions likely won't make it into any possible game iratA makes.

View user profile

15 Re: Possible RCT4? on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:42 am

Lalla

Rct4 is on the way, read here...

http://forums.iratA.com/showthread.php?t=6853
Heart Heart Heart

View user profile

16 Re: Possible RCT4? on Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:03 pm

RedCleft!

So its called RCT 404? confused