You are not connected. Please login or register

Restoration: A tale of what the heck is going on?!

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

theultimatefish

I am beloved of the Guac!
It seems that back there at Atar1, the level of intelligence is slowly rising again! With old members like Hethehtheth still contributing to friendly yet smart conversation. Gravity's still around to corner unwished noobs.
Amplifyed still has his word in talk about games and movies and such. Some guy I am probably supposed to know called Odelogum has posted several threads about subjects that are mature enough to keep a great conversation alive, and even other people start to behave more mature now.

Ultrarobbie, RedOctober and have I even seen -Device-? They have all been posting cleverer posts at times.

I don't know about myself, and it's to other people to judge this, but I hereby want to invite you all to visit the new Atar1 forums once again to witness with your own eyes what you think of it, rather than shielding yourself with in-jokes on the CoG.

Some may not like what I'm saying here, but I feel the community has been improving a great deal since the switch. So lay down your grievances against Atar1 for one moment and try to make up for yourself if you want to give it another chance. The community just isn't complete with you all.

View user profile

Gravity

I enjoy posting both places. The people I like to have a laugh with are here without a ton of people trying to get IN on the in-jokes.

Nearly everyone here I can jab at with dickish remarks, and nobody gets all whiny about it. I don't see why there's a problem with us choosing to post at one, the other, or both.

View user profile

El Frog

Admin
I nipped back and didn't see anything that made me think "yes, I really need to post over there". That place doesn't miss me, and I don't think I miss it either...

wagi

The "Community" is not iratA...the community is made up of the people who play the game and share, and it includes many sites, not just one.

I post here with my friends, I'm at SGW and I have multiple contacts with RCT players every single day of the week. I'm certainly not out of the 'loop', in fact I'm probably more active in it than ever. I still belong to the 'Community'...it's just not centered on that site. I stop by iratA and skim through the forums, just as I always have. I have nothing against those who hang out there, in fact I see most of them at SGW or other sites as well, I can't really think of anyone who's 'shielded' here. Not posting 'there' isn't the same as not being involved in the Community.

People have always been welcome to join this site and to post here...something they don't do either...

I don't think I'm missing anything, I just haven't seen much yet that has caused me to post there.

View user profile

theultimatefish

Yes yes, I totally agree about the commnunity being one site, I just cannot find the fun in posting here, while I do think you guys are great to have on the same board.

It's all up to you guys, I just wanted to focus on the fact that it's kinda going uphill again now, and a just taking a look couldn't hurt.

View user profile

El Frog

Admin
The fact that Loser? Too True is still trolling his way around there puts too much bile into my throat...

Gravity

^ Interesting swear filter.

View user profile

El Frog

Admin
I had forgotten that I had added that when I set it up!

wagi

See? "Loser? Too True" - the swear filter gives me something to do in my spare time trying to figure out what word or person's name is! Can iratA offer the same sort of entertainment value? I think not!

Although a quick scan through the posts over there does give me daily practice on my eye-rolling and muttering-under-my-breath skills!

View user profile

RedCleft!

I reckon if you all go, you could give them all a chance, and see how it goes. The banhammer has fallen quite a bit recently.

View user profile http://redoctoberrct3.webs.com

wagi

I posted several times, there....are you happy? It was wasted on a thread arguing with a self-righteous twit idiot person who thinks he's a higher lifeform. Our neighbor has a parrot that can repeat things it's been taught too, so I ain't all that impressed by his claims nor his proof.

In other words, it's the same as it used to be!

Mad Thumbs Down

View user profile

El Frog

Admin
I was impressed with the number of "What do you have because I want to boast about mine" threads!

wagi

True! Just as many of them as we used to have of the 'idiot forum game of the day' threads!

View user profile

wagi

Tried it, won't be back.

Any changes over there are superficial. The same self-important idiots still post there, the same games are played. I have absolutely no interest in getting into pissing matches every time one of the new 'iratA Forum Kings' feels the need to mark his territory. While few may post here, and not that often, I can at least have some respect for everyone here. I don't have any for a number of people over there...some much, much less than other.

View user profile

theultimatefish

The fight in the last pages of the 'Post pictures of yourself' thread was downright hilarious to me. Bio_gal made herself look even more foolish by quoting that rule that Phoxe installed so he could infract those who threw vomit all over his family-friendly 'policy'.

The threads I do like to post in however are as you said sparse.

The coming out thread is running on a dead end while it was such a thoughtful conversation, and I think we have to thank Gravity for that.

The movie thread is one of my favorites, and I've discovered a lot of great movies posting in it, and throwing rocks at the bad movies is like a great waste of time. Except you waste time, but at least people know how much you hate that movie.

Yet I agree, the good threads are sparse on a forum littered by show off your Shepherd's Pie and rate/rateing threads.

View user profile

Gravity

theultimatefish wrote:
The coming out thread is running on a dead end while it was such a thoughtful conversation, and I think we have to thank Gravity for that.

Or, you rehashing crap that was over a page prior. Roll Eyes

Trying to move the conversation forward, and you're trying to take it two pages back.

View user profile

theultimatefish

Gravity wrote:
theultimatefish wrote:

Or, you rehashing crap that was over a page prior. Roll Eyes

Trying to move the conversation forward, and you're trying to take it two pages back.

Posting crap about marshmallows and then posting a great video and asking something about the economy looks like you tried to escape the inevitable comment that would state it was unnecessary. Weber never insulted you.

But I already said it: I am done with it, and I am not going to take this to the other forum even.

View user profile

Gravity

You really don't follow the whole conversation do you? My marshmallow response was to his sudden outburst about the LORD being his SAVIOR and knowing the TRUTH or whatever the hell that was. (Edit: It was his "Brainwashed By Darwin" crap) Roll Eyes

Either follow the entire conversation, or none of it. I can't hold your hand through the whole thing and make sure that you know what's going on.

I thought you didn't like posting here?

View user profile

El Frog

Admin
Play nicely, chaps!

wagi

I'm not mad at anyone here, but I'll explain my position in that thread since I wont be posting over there...

Weber quoted J. Satinover, M.D., his work is used by organization like Exodus and NARTH to promote gay 'cures' as well as by anti-gay organizations who claim that homosexuality is a choice, and there for there are no 'rights' that can be associated with it.

The idea that gay's can be 'cured' not only is rejected by most professional mental health organization around the world, but is also terribly hurtful to those young people who are struggling with a society that isn't supportive as it is. That was the subject of the thread originally. I totally, absolutely reject people who are out to label gays as having something mentally wrong. As far as I'm concerned it's just a thinly disguised way of peddling their hate. I'm goddamn tired of listening to the hate-mongers peddle their crap without being called out on it.

I don't think Weber's initial post was as innocent as he likes to portray AT ALL. In the course of just a few posts he went from stating an opinion on a thread that he KNEW would bring comments to suddenly being the poor persecuted Christian. He stated he was leaving when the comments got more negative to some of his stated positions - especially the one's he didn't have a canned answer for, then he hopped right back into the middle again. Nowhere did I tell him he couldn't point, I merely pointed out what he had posted himself previously about leaving. Yet that gets warped into poor Weber being unfairly attacked in a thread that he didn't like to begin with and to which he offered nothing other than the statement that that he didn't support National Coming Out Day. Feeling the need to note that it's obviously a 'pro-gay' community yet he has no negative feeling towards anyone just doesn't ring true, especially when he then immediately reminded everyone he's exercising his free right of speech - it just rings hollow. He knew exactly what he was doing when he posted.

As the thread goes along he does a skillful job of making it seem that he is being attacked even well before anyone ever did. He answers a question by copy and pasting from something that many gay's consider to be hate literature. He manages to take my post calling him on that and twist it around that he's being unfairly called a hater and he isn't attacking gays by what he posts, then manages to add the part about being a persecuted Christian.

I'm a Christian, I'm nothing like him, at all.

As some one said, he went from someone stating an opinion to becoming a religious troll, hoping to gain enough people blasting him so that he can feel comfortable and smug playing the poor Christian martyr. I've seen the type before and I have no respect for that. When I said "He's not worth arguing with, his opinion has been duly noted for what it's worth. We should move on.", that's exactly what I meant. As a troll he would continue posting over and over because it allows him to post what he see's as the truth fighting against the evil hordes of unbelievers.

Of course this is followed by comments from some that poor Weber is suffering from character assasination and that I'm showing zero respect to Weber or his beliefs. (I don't care what Weber's beliefs are until he feels the need to hijack a thread to share them). This is then followed by Weber reappearing to profess total innocence.

I don't buy it.

View user profile

theultimatefish

wagi wrote:I'm not mad at anyone here, but I'll explain my position in that thread since I wont be posting over there...

Weber quoted J. Satinover, M.D., his work is used by organization like Exodus and NARTH to promote gay 'cures' as well as by anti-gay organizations who claim that homosexuality is a choice, and there for there are no 'rights' that can be associated with it.

The idea that gay's can be 'cured' not only is rejected by most professional mental health organization around the world, but is also terribly hurtful to those young people who are struggling with a society that isn't supportive as it is. That was the subject of the thread originally. I totally, absolutely reject people who are out to label gays as having something mentally wrong. As far as I'm concerned it's just a thinly disguised way of peddling their hate. I'm goddamn tired of listening to the hate-mongers peddle their crap without being called out on it.

I don't think Weber's initial post was as innocent as he likes to portray AT ALL. In the course of just a few posts he went from stating an opinion on a thread that he KNEW would bring comments to suddenly being the poor persecuted Christian. He stated he was leaving when the comments got more negative to some of his stated positions - especially the one's he didn't have a canned answer for, then he hopped right back into the middle again. Nowhere did I tell him he couldn't point, I merely pointed out what he had posted himself previously about leaving. Yet that gets warped into poor Weber being unfairly attacked in a thread that he didn't like to begin with and to which he offered nothing other than the statement that that he didn't support National Coming Out Day. Feeling the need to note that it's obviously a 'pro-gay' community yet he has no negative feeling towards anyone just doesn't ring true, especially when he then immediately reminded everyone he's exercising his free right of speech - it just rings hollow. He knew exactly what he was doing when he posted.

As the thread goes along he does a skillful job of making it seem that he is being attacked even well before anyone ever did. He answers a question by copy and pasting from something that many gay's consider to be hate literature. He manages to take my post calling him on that and twist it around that he's being unfairly called a hater and he isn't attacking gays by what he posts, then manages to add the part about being a persecuted Christian.

I'm a Christian, I'm nothing like him, at all.

As some one said, he went from someone stating an opinion to becoming a religious troll, hoping to gain enough people blasting him so that he can feel comfortable and smug playing the poor Christian martyr. I've seen the type before and I have no respect for that. When I said "He's not worth arguing with, his opinion has been duly noted for what it's worth. We should move on.", that's exactly what I meant. As a troll he would continue posting over and over because it allows him to post what he see's as the truth fighting against the evil hordes of unbelievers.

Of course this is followed by comments from some that poor Weber is suffering from character assasination and that I'm showing zero respect to Weber or his beliefs. (I don't care what Weber's beliefs are until he feels the need to hijack a thread to share them). This is then followed by Weber reappearing to profess total innocence.

I don't buy it.

Well crap. I didn't believe I was naive enough to fall for that. I just can't believe how someone wants to set up such a big lie.
I never saw how Weber was insulting us. (yes, all of us) but now I do, and that is a filthy, filthy thing to do.

Grav's arguments could still have been a little more supported, but at least he didn't go and play it this dirty.

Remember, I am not trying to make Gravity my enemy, I just thought his accusing of Weber was not justified, but Weber made an dirty, dirty mistake and hereby lost most, if not, all respect for him.

View user profile

wagi

Please don't base your opinions just on what I say, as that's only MY view of it. I'll readily admit that sometimes I can be blunt and say things in a way that can easily be taken different than what I intend. I also don't claim to know what everyone is thinking either, so it's all just my supposition.

Would I also make some of the same comments about Weber's beliefs? No, some of the core one's I share in a vague way. Yeah, a couple people were forceful in what they posted, but that really wasn't until after Weber started expounding on his own views that I could see.

Weber is welcome to his beliefs, I really am happy he found something that fills a need for him. If he was to start a thread about his version of Christianity I just don't think I would post saying I don't support it as I'd feel it wasn't much of my business what his beliefs are, and I'd think posting just to cause a stir would be rude.

Oh well...such is life.

View user profile

Gravity

He can believe the country is based on Christianity all he wants.. but, all I can say to that is:

View user profile

El Frog

Admin
Well, Washington lied quite a bit through his wooden teeth. No idea who the other chappy is though.

I'm not speaking from any standpoint on this discussion, just pointing out the historicalness!

YOU MUST NOT FORGET THE HISTORY!

RedCleft!

Unfortunatly I have had to redesgin my iratA hierarchy.

View user profile http://redoctoberrct3.webs.com

Gravity

I do not approve... I am not a 'king of the forums', nor do I want to be. I just can't stand people acting like idiots.

View user profile
I'm the only king there MadThumbs Up

View user profile

theultimatefish

Aiaiaiaidaiaian wrote:I'm the only king there MadThumbs Up

Where is the proof? It was stated in your old username, but not here! :O

View user profile

theultimatefish

wagi wrote:Please don't base your opinions just on what I say, as that's only MY view of it. I'll readily admit that sometimes I can be blunt and say things in a way that can easily be taken different than what I intend. I also don't claim to know what everyone is thinking either, so it's all just my supposition.

Would I also make some of the same comments about Weber's beliefs? No, some of the core one's I share in a vague way. Yeah, a couple people were forceful in what they posted, but that really wasn't until after Weber started expounding on his own views that I could see.

Weber is welcome to his beliefs, I really am happy he found something that fills a need for him. If he was to start a thread about his version of Christianity I just don't think I would post saying I don't support it as I'd feel it wasn't much of my business what his beliefs are, and I'd think posting just to cause a stir would be rude.

Oh well...such is life.

Yes, of course you are not entirely speaking the exact truth. Not saying you are a liar, but speaking the true truth is impossible, even though you want to. However, what you said about that quote is true, yet, when I went to check back in the thread and it looked like he tried to bust the statement by this scientist instead.

Weber quoted: Upon closer scrutiny, Mr. LeVay’s research had at least three major flaws. First, the sample was too small. Second, the sexual orientation of the 16 classified as heterosexual was highly suspect. Six of them died of AIDS. And third, it has never been proven that the hypothalamus has anything to do with sexual orientation.
It's on page 11 where I got this.

Still, I can't have it when someone makes up a giant lie that I just fall for the entire time he is making it up. Maybe I am naive, maybe I am just too trustful to think about what someone says twice, but I still hate it when people lie.

I am still trying to find out Loser? Too true? by the way. Is he/she/it in the general discussion most, or does he/she/it only visit the exchange?

View user profile

El Frog

Admin
Gravity wrote:I do not approve... I am not a 'king of the forums', nor do I want to be. I just can't stand people acting like idiots.

As I said a number of times when I was there, I did not require minions, just friends.

theultimatefish wrote:I am still trying to find out Loser? Too true? by the way. Is he/she/it in the general discussion most, or does he/she/it only visit the exchange?

If you've used the swearfilter, I think you just have worked out who the cloning troll is!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum