You are not connected. Please login or register

Story time!

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Story time! on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:45 pm

In this thread, we shall play that game where everyone does a line of a story to make a whole story!

The rule are you may say no more than THREE sentences of the story per post and your part of the story must be relevant to what had already been posted, so don't just make up a new character every time or kill everyone or something stupid. It's just annoying. I'll let you judge for yourself what is appropriate, if you ruine the game for everyone else it's not going to give you a good reputation. And remember us admins have the power to make you look very silly indeed

Okay, let's start!

There was a pleasant breeze that warm summer weekday in the wonderful English countryside.

View user profile

2 Re: Story time! on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:01 pm

Anton

I am beloved of the Guac!
I had almost forgot the smell of the warm summer air. It is easy to forget. I live in a time where you almost can't smell a thing and you constantly watch your feet for cracks in the pavement.

View user profile

3 Re: Story time! on Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Jeremy

It was 3 years since the superstition had taken hold. I could still remember my black cat, before she was taken away. It was for our own good, they said.

View user profile

4 Re: Story time! on Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:21 pm

El Frog

Admin
They didn't realise that, if I was being truly honest, I didn't like the cat. I had kicked it at least three times. However, it always came back, always with the same smug expression and always taunting me, daring me to do much, much worse.

5 Re: Story time! on Sat May 01, 2010 12:40 pm

Anton

A horse traversed the green field further away. This sight accompanied by the low sun and the swaying trees filled me with a great sense of wellbeing. - William!?, someone shouted from inside the house.

View user profile

6 Re: Story time! on Sat May 01, 2010 3:09 pm

wagi

"Get yer bloody arse in here!" screeched the old git. I sighed. His moods were getting progressively worse since they took his own favorite black cat away, and he still blamed me for it.

View user profile

7 Re: Story time! on Sat May 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Jeremy

Back inside, the empty, whitewashed walls and bare floorboards brought back the reality of our lives. It had all begun 3 years ago...

View user profile

8 Re: Story time! on Sun May 02, 2010 6:40 am

wagi

The Old Git had a few more teeth back then, perhaps an additional hair or two upon his head, but certainly he had a much sunnier disposition...at least it was as sunny as someone of his advanced years and overall dour view of life could hope for. The only thing one could say the man ever showed a tiny bit of affection for was his cat, that he insisted I have one of my own for a pet I now recognize, not as a kindness, but as a curse.

View user profile

9 Re: Story time! on Mon May 03, 2010 4:05 am

theultimatefish

We will probably never know what exactly was wrong with the cat, it looked just like a normal cat, although completely black except for his yellow eyes. It had the nasty habit to scare the hell out of you, standing in front of your window at night, so his eyes were the only things you could see against the pitch-black sky.

View user profile

10 Re: Story time! on Mon May 03, 2010 6:53 pm

wagi

But the old man did love his cat, spending hours fussing over it, claiming it was the sweetest creature on Earth. Of course the foul thing would turn and hiss at the rest of us when the old man's back was turned. He started telling me I needed a cat of my own years before that fateful night when it showed up, yowling under my bed while the old man chuckled away, pretending he didn't know who put it under there.

View user profile

11 Re: Story time! on Tue May 04, 2010 5:56 am

RedCleft!

But the old man had a secret. Guacamole reminded him of his childhood years and made him tame in his fits of anger.

View user profile http://redoctoberrct3.webs.com

12 Re: Story time! on Tue May 04, 2010 6:09 am

wagi

Yes, the old fool named his cat Guacamole. No one knows why, perhaps it was just his twisted sense of humor, or perhaps it was the dead green color of it's eyes, each flecked with rays of crimson like some inner flame being glimpsed. Never knowing him to even have a sense of humor, I favor the latter choice.

View user profile

13 Re: Story time! on Tue May 04, 2010 8:20 am

Anton

"William!!?", he repeated with the most grating of voices.
"Yes grandpa", I responded and laid my hand upon his shoulder.
"This is not Guacamole, I want Guacamole back!" Grandpa said and pointed at the Irish Setter that was taking a nap on the old git's lap.

View user profile

14 Re: Story time! on Tue May 04, 2010 3:04 pm

wagi

"But we no longer have Guacamole Grandpa, they took him and Lucifer away, surely you remember that day? Remember the priest and the elders?"

The cold gleam in his eye told me he remembered quite well...

View user profile

15 Re: Story time! on Wed May 05, 2010 2:15 am

RedCleft!

As he remembered, he shuddered to himself as he saw Guacamole dipped in over, and over again.

16 Re: Story time! on Thu May 06, 2010 10:34 am

wagi

The boiling oil, the smell, the stench...and most of all the cat's screams as the town's elders dipped the struggling feline while the priest chanted prayers in hope that the evil found within the beast would be removed. I recall holding my own well-named Lucifer and how he seemed to watch with his reddish eyes were mere slits while purring and awaiting Guacamole's demise.

View user profile

17 Re: Story time! on Fri May 07, 2010 3:20 am

RedCleft!

And then the old git got another one of his urges. His hunger needed to be satisfied.

18 Re: Story time! on Fri May 07, 2010 1:01 pm

Jeremy

Begrudgingly, I spooned the food into his open mouth. He couldn't do much for himself nowadays, and despite how much I had always disliked him, it was still my duty to help him.

View user profile

19 Re: Story time! on Fri May 07, 2010 2:13 pm

El Frog

Admin
I tried not to show any reaction to the long strings of drool that hung from the corners of his mouth. I paused, fascinated by one particular lump of cottage cheese and saliva as it swung back and forth to the rhythm of his chomping jaws as he masticated. He sickened me.

20 Re: Story time! on Fri May 07, 2010 3:53 pm

RedCleft!

And then, after thouroughly masticating, he rose slowly and trudged to the outhouse. I did not see him untill late at night. All there was to suggest his precense was a foul stench that seeped under the wooden door.

21 Re: Story time! on Fri May 07, 2010 5:40 pm

wagi

If only that stench was confined to said outhouse, but I knew full well that the middle of the night brought forth even fouler stenches from his bedchamber...

View user profile

22 Re: Story time! on Fri May 07, 2010 11:42 pm

RedCleft!

...my pity extended to the maid, who was required to give the old git's bed chamber and outhouse regular cleaning.

23 Re: Story time! on Sat May 08, 2010 8:15 am

Jeremy

I was about to drift off into deep thought and self pity, when I was suddenly startled by a knock at the door. Blearily, I checked my watch. Midnight. Who could possibly be calling at this hour?

View user profile

24 Re: Story time! on Sat May 08, 2010 12:53 pm

Adam

Cautiously, I opened the door a crack. "Meet me in the old place this time tomorrow night", said the hooded figure on the other side, before disappearing into the inky black of night. But where was the 'old place' - surely not now, no - was this man from that time, so long ago?

View user profile

25 Re: Story time! on Sun May 09, 2010 3:30 am

RedCleft!

Could the old place be McDonalds? I hadn't set foot in there since the accident with the blue box. It was all so long ago.

26 Re: Story time! on Sun May 09, 2010 6:46 am

wagi

Colin McDonald's old place defined the word "decrepit"...even "haunted". Few had ventured near in in those years since the accident, even most wildlife seemed to shy away, although it seemed to attract rats and crows by the hundreds. Only the rankest of weeds and creeping vines seemed to embrace the forlorn place.

View user profile

27 Re: Story time! on Sun May 09, 2010 11:33 am

theultimatefish

I tried to count how many years ago it had happened, but I was having a hard time. People in the village couldn't even count more than the fingers on their hands. I was one of the few people who had enough money for an education.
How I got my money is not a question. My parents were filthy rich, I don't know how they got it, but I don't care either. How I miss them...

View user profile

28 Re: Story time! on Mon May 10, 2010 12:40 am

RedCleft!

It was certainly old. Very, very long ago. You see it wasn't the box itself, rather what was inside the box that casued the accident.

29 Re: Story time! on Tue May 11, 2010 1:40 pm

Jeremy

Rumour, which has since become legend, said that the Government had discovered a small, blue cube. Nobody knows where it came from or why it had appeared. The Echelon Cube, as it became known, was kept in cold storage in a top secret facility, until, legend has it, it disappeared late one night...

View user profile

30 Re: Story time! on Wed May 12, 2010 2:07 am

RedCleft!

I was one of the guards that night. I was off on a guac break. Really, it wasn't my fault, it was stupid Tomas Moron's fault for busying himself with his laptop, instead of watching the cube. But the old git fired me, for not doing my job properly.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum