You are not connected. Please login or register

Hurricane Cove

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Hurricane Cove on Tue May 11, 2010 1:35 pm

Jeremy

I am beloved of the Guac!
A WORLD EXCLUSIVE(!) view into the workings of Hurricane Cove!

So this project started off as a random coaster I made, and themed a tiny corner (The rocky pond around the last turn) before realising that I actually rather liked it! Then Hears released (or will do! Tongue Out) some Revolutionary Rapids and they got added in. Here's how it's looking so far.

The rapids: "Storm Waves"

A nice overview of Hurricane and Storm Waves.

The most recent shot of Hurricane Cove's buildings.

A night shot. For LCD monitor users, try looking down at the pic (ie, stand up) to see more! The best shot (in my opinion) is at 90 degree angles to the monitor.

Last edited by Jeremy on Tue May 11, 2010 2:59 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Picture sizes..)

View user profile

2 Re: Hurricane Cove on Tue May 11, 2010 2:12 pm

I'm still in love with Hurricane's station. Such an interesting mix of sets there, quite unique. Thumbs Up Same with the weather tower thingy, another creative idea!

The building that the track goes through... perhaps do something about the top of it? It seems a little bare at the moment. A trim around the top for example would sort that out nicely, I think.

View user profile

3 Re: Hurricane Cove on Tue May 11, 2010 2:27 pm

Jeremy

Jonathan wrote:
The building that the track goes through... perhaps do something about the top of it? It seems a little bare at the moment. A trim around the top for example would sort that out nicely, I think.

It does in fact have a cornice now! I took the photos just before I thought exactly this, and added the cornice.

View user profile

4 Re: Hurricane Cove on Wed May 12, 2010 1:29 pm

Jeremy

More pictury!

You can see the cornice and lettering which has since been added to the Hotel. I'm still searching a * CS piece in a similar style to the letters.

Ground level panoramas. Heart

And finally, a night shot of Hurricane's station! Hears loves it, so it must be excellent! (HearsHeart🚉)

View user profile

5 Re: Hurricane Cove on Sun May 16, 2010 2:57 pm

That lettering looks great! I love that the coaster goes straight through it. Perhaps add some details in a darker colour though, so the building doesn't all look so light?

View user profile

6 Re: Hurricane Cove on Tue May 18, 2010 5:58 am

The Heth

I really like this, it looks like a park that could really exist in reality; not too overblown, but bursting with creativity. I think the landscaping and trees around the water ride need a little more work, but it looks great so far.

View user profile

7 Re: Hurricane Cove on Thu May 20, 2010 11:09 am

Jeremy

Jonathan wrote:That lettering looks great! I love that the coaster goes straight through it. Perhaps add some details in a darker colour though, so the building doesn't all look so light?

I'm glad you like the lettering.
I shall consider this advice! Brick moulding on the corners, or horizontal decor on each level?

The Heth wrote:I really like this, it looks like a park that could really exist in reality; not too overblown, but bursting with creativity. I think the landscaping and trees around the water ride need a little more work, but it looks great so far.

It's still very much a work in progress, everything needs tweaking, fixing and finishing. It seems the amount of work to do never decreases!

View user profile

8 Re: Hurricane Cove on Fri May 21, 2010 8:11 pm

wagi

I think the hotel looks so crisp and clean in that color scheme, but I agree with Mr Ears, the addition of maybe one bright color to the mix might make it 'pop'. The danger is to not add too much and take away that nice crisp, clean look.

Maybe try coloring the vertical letters for "HOTEL"? I'd suggest even trying something completely different on the color wheel -maybe in the blues or even purples? Try it and see how it looks to you, might need to tone it down from those suggestions. Whatever color you end up with, I'd also suggest adding a wall trim piece in that color right above your cornice at the top of the wall, and maybe adding it to the cornice trim as well. And finally maybe try and awning over the bottom windows in that same color, but maybe only the windows on the center section or the side, doing them all might be too much...maybe.

View user profile

9 Re: Hurricane Cove on Sat May 22, 2010 4:42 am

Jeremy

wagi wrote:
Maybe try coloring the vertical letters for "HOTEL"? I'd suggest even trying something completely different on the color wheel -maybe in the blues or even purples? Try it and see how it looks to you, might need to tone it down from those suggestions.

Unfortunately, no can do as the letters aren't recolourable Frown

Whatever color you end up with, I'd also suggest adding a wall trim piece in that color right above your cornice at the top of the wall, and maybe adding it to the cornice trim as well. And finally maybe try and awning over the bottom windows in that same color, but maybe only the windows on the center section or the side, doing them all might be too much...maybe.

Ha ha Working out what you meant there took a while, but I think I understand now. I shall certainly consider wall trims and awnings!

View user profile

10 Important News on Sat May 29, 2010 7:13 am

Jeremy

Whilst editing the hotel, downstairs PC encountered a graphics fault and is currently being fixed!

I discovered that the letters ARE recolourable, and so the "HOTEL" text is now dark green.

Also, The bottom floor was replaced with white clapboard, and given its own cornice. It looked rather nice, and I just managed to save before it crashed!

View user profile

11 Re: Hurricane Cove on Sat May 29, 2010 7:22 am

deathfearsnone

I'm excited to see progress on this.

View user profile

12 Re: Hurricane Cove on Sat May 29, 2010 1:51 pm

wagi

Yay! Looking forward to more screens!

View user profile

13 Re: Hurricane Cove on Sat May 29, 2010 1:57 pm

Jeremy

Not for a while, I'm afraid.

It's half term, and I'm off to Ibiza tomorrow! Cool

View user profile

14 Re: Hurricane Cove on Sat May 29, 2010 4:21 pm

wagi

Some people and their priorities... Down Cast

Have fun!

View user profile

15 Re: Hurricane Cove on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:39 am

Jeremy

I have returned, and Screens will follow shortly!

EDIT: Et voilĂ .

Some of you may have noticed a sad looking little grey box next to the considerably more majestic Hotel. Well I thought that the East Coast Hurricane Detection Station number K-63 could use a lick of paint. And walls. And glass, and foliage, and Interiors. It got a lot of licking.

View user profile

16 Re: Hurricane Cove on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:57 pm

Jeremy

And also, some older stuff made playing around with photo editing in PS.

View user profile

17 Re: Hurricane Cove on Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:06 pm

Those details you've added to the hotel finish it off nicely. Before, it was just missing something, but that is no longer the case. Thumbs Up

Rather than going into detail about the rest of the update, I'll just say that I love how you're going back, adding stuff each time to get every part of this looking perfect. Over all, this is very realistic.

View user profile

18 Re: Hurricane Cove on Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:30 pm

wagi

I agree with Jonathan, the details you added took it up a notch and really polish it.

View user profile

19 Re: Hurricane Cove on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:34 am

Get.Creative

the ride looks great, and I agree with wagi, who agrees with jonathon.

View user profile

20 Re: Hurricane Cove on Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:42 am

Jeremy

I agree with Get.Creative, who agrees with Wagi, who agrees with Jhohnahthahn!

This Jeremy chap is most excellent! He must have another update sometime within the next 1-2 hours or I will LEAVE FOREVER!!11111!

Have some storyline! MadThumbs Up

Hurricane Cove is set in Hardrock Cove, on the East Coast of Florida. It is so nicknamed because of the frequency of devastating Hurricanes throughout the season. Hurricane leads on the path of a particularly devastating Hurricane as it blasts through buildings, over Palm groves and round construction sites.

There's always rebuilding to be done in Hurricane Cove. Here, construction company Frontier Buildings is renovating a destroyed building to it's former glory as a Luxury Boutique on Coastal Avenue.

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif For some reason, this shot won't work!

This will be the only residential street I will be making from Hardrock Cove, because the game is already lagging on higher graphic settings.

And finally, a lovely Sunset behind the Hardrock Cove shoreline.

Comment and criticise as always! This thread is more active here than at SGW, which says something about this excellent community! Thumbs Up

View user profile

21 Re: Hurricane Cove on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:44 am

ImagineerEthan

i'm glad it's more active here Smile means we get more updates and we like that, although on the update up the something similar to voila or even the same thing actually means "rape" in a French Dictionary My shoes tremble with delight!, but apart from that i'm loving the park although will there be any more landscaping just becuase apart from the lake it seems flat - you don't have to do some landscaping or anything just say if there will be in the future Wink

Last edited by ImagineerEthan on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:45 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Couldn't spell Like lol)

View user profile

22 Re: Hurricane Cove on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:09 am

Jeremy

ImagineerEthan wrote:something similar to voila or even the same thing actually means "rape" in a French Dictionary

"VoilĂ " means 'here it is'.

And there won't be landscaping, no, because the areas I plan to use already have stuff on. I might put hills around it a bit, but the whole place might be full of park soon anyway!

More building has been done, a nice eatery is in place, as are more houses. Expect lots of updates this week due to my exams; I get a lot of time off school to "revise" Wink

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum