You are not connected. Please login or register

The Stubborn Mule Thread

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Mon May 24, 2010 2:36 pm

wagi

avatar
I am beloved of the Guac!
I also post at SGW as well as here, and have other contacts with the people who've been in the game for a long time. There's actually a good sized number out there, who may not post much (and certainly won't at iratA), but who still are very much involved with the game. I wouldn't judge the status of the community as a whole just on what goes on at iratA.

View user profile

32 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Mon May 24, 2010 5:16 pm

ImagineerTom

avatar
I am beloved of the Guac!
wagi wrote:I also post at SGW as well as here, and have other contacts with the people who've been in the game for a long time. There's actually a good sized number out there, who may not post much (and certainly won't at iratA), but who still are very much involved with the game. I wouldn't judge the status of the community as a whole just on what goes on at iratA.

When we say community we are talking as the entire RCT community, not just the "AtariCommunity" that exists, right?

View user profile http://imagineertom.webs.com

33 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Mon May 24, 2010 6:35 pm

wagi

avatar
I am beloved of the Guac!
Exactly, that's what I meant anyways. I wasn't really responding to what you said when you used the term,

I think some people think iratA is 'it', but it's not, it never has been.

Many people who are active in the game want nothing to do with that site, and that was well before all the recent crap over there. Many people don't visit any site, a lot more visit and never post a single word, no matter what site it is

I always used to roll my eyes when people over there would go on about 'the community' as if they even speak just for the vocal minority at just that one poor excuse for a RCT site.

View user profile

34 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Tue May 25, 2010 5:11 pm

spacemtnman

avatar
I am beloved of the Guac!
I still post at iratA but i agree that its general cleftiness is rising. The amount of new members who are turning up and wanting to make a CFR or CTR is astonishing and was it just me or when you first joined was there a certain air of sophistication to it. I mean when i first joined things started to kick off and we had all these breakthroughs from the elders. I remember seeing vidhins gizmos thread and being amazed at the quality of work and really looking up to alot of members but now theres very little left to look up to and i feel like im starting to look down on a kingdom of n00bs who think that 2000 polys for a simple piece of cs is a good idea and that crappy cutouts from photos are classed as good CS. Grabby needy users who cant wait to download with a gimme gimme attitude have just ruined the atmosphere really. Its sad that the elders have moved on and that it isnt massively likely that we will get a breakthrough for some time.

Thats my two cents anyway

View user profile

35 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Tue May 25, 2010 5:57 pm

El Frog

avatar
Admin
I understand that some cleft has been asking about why iratA is spelled as iratA! I hear(s) also that people have been putting forward ideas (claiming them as truth) without knowing the actual reason!


_____________________________________________
View user profile http://www.fellowshipoftheox.co.uk

36 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Tue May 25, 2010 6:00 pm

spacemtnman

avatar
I am beloved of the Guac!
El Frog wrote:I understand that some cleft has been asking about why iratA is spelled as iratA! I hear(s) also that people have been putting forward ideas (claiming them as truth) without knowing the actual reason!

This is true. they say he goes by the name of Device

View user profile

37 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Tue May 25, 2010 6:11 pm

El Frog

avatar
Admin
spacemtnman wrote:
El Frog wrote:I understand that some cleft has been asking about why iratA is spelled as iratA! I hear(s) also that people have been putting forward ideas (claiming them as truth) without knowing the actual reason!

This is true. they say he goes by the name of Device

As I understand things, that is but one of many names that he goes by...


_____________________________________________
View user profile http://www.fellowshipoftheox.co.uk

38 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Tue May 25, 2010 6:12 pm

spacemtnman

avatar
I am beloved of the Guac!
El Frog wrote:
spacemtnman wrote:
El Frog wrote:I understand that some cleft has been asking about why iratA is spelled as iratA! I hear(s) also that people have been putting forward ideas (claiming them as truth) without knowing the actual reason!

This is true. they say he goes by the name of Device

As I understand things, that is but one of many names that he goes by...


ahem...i believe he has a reputation on these here forums Smile

View user profile

39 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Tue May 25, 2010 6:17 pm

El Frog

avatar
Admin
He has! I feel sure he would enjoy being here though!


_____________________________________________
View user profile http://www.fellowshipoftheox.co.uk

40 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Tue May 25, 2010 7:55 pm

Gravity

avatar
I am beloved of the Guac!
I HAD THE AVATAR FIRST. Mad

View user profile

41 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Wed May 26, 2010 2:39 am

El Frog

avatar
Admin
I would like to see Blarg and xendick fight to the death for ownership of the avatar!

DO THIS FOR MY ENTERTAINMENT!


_____________________________________________
View user profile http://www.fellowshipoftheox.co.uk

42 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Wed May 26, 2010 2:39 am

rainbowwarrior

avatar
I am beloved of the Guac!
I post once in a while.I really haven't been posting on any forums really now.Something about them just doesn't feel right.I'll post once in a while here,SGW, and iratA.I only check the exchange at iratA and the community chats here and SGW.

View user profile

43 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Wed May 26, 2010 2:41 am

spacemtnman

avatar
I am beloved of the Guac!
this is obviously Xend....Klex...Device right here!

0:15 onwards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLbhkM0LaYI&feature=related

Seriously this is what i thought of when you said he goes by many names master Our LORD And MASTER, SIR Our LORD And MASTER, SIR FROG...

View user profile

44 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Wed May 26, 2010 7:22 am

wagi

avatar
I am beloved of the Guac!
El Frog wrote:
spacemtnman wrote:
This is true. they say he goes by the name of Device

As I understand things, that is but one of many names that he goes by...

And just a small fraction of the many names we call him!

View user profile

45 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Thu May 27, 2010 10:20 pm

GarfiTivolt-06

avatar
I am beloved of the Guac!
I still visit fairly often (at least once a day during the week), although I find my visits far less enjoyable than those from 2006-2008. I find it interesting that against the current immature userbase, even I feel like a voice of reason (which I rarely ever consider myself, considering my ADD fueled posting habits). Of course, with some of the threads I see there, that isn't a hard job to do.

And the CFR/CTR subforum has gone...well, where most failures go.

View user profile

46 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Thu May 27, 2010 10:44 pm

Gravity

avatar
I am beloved of the Guac!
GarfiTivolt-06 wrote:
And the CFR/CTR subforum has gone...well, where most failures go.

Shocked

Walmart?

View user profile

47 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Fri May 28, 2010 12:11 am

GarfiTivolt-06

avatar
I am beloved of the Guac!
^True in it's own right! Ha ha

View user profile

48 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Fri May 28, 2010 6:37 am

wagi

avatar
I am beloved of the Guac!
Gravity wrote:
GarfiTivolt-06 wrote:
And the CFR/CTR subforum has gone...well, where most failures go.

Shocked

Walmart?

Where your over-sized screenshot to go along with that post??? Mad

View user profile

49 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Fri May 28, 2010 11:11 am

Gravity

avatar
I am beloved of the Guac!
Silly me, I should have made some Walmart CS to go with it!

View user profile

50 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Fri May 28, 2010 5:28 pm

wagi

avatar
I am beloved of the Guac!
Gravity wrote:Silly me, I should have made some Walmart CS to go with it!

And you didn't include a screen full of rocks when you posted that either...yer slipping!

View user profile

51 Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread on Fri May 28, 2010 7:10 pm

Gravity

avatar
I am beloved of the Guac!
It's the old age... it's finally getting to me.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum